Lettings - Landlords

We take pride in our wealth of experience, knowledge and enthusiasm in helping landlords to find quality tenants, with our distinctive and unique marketing approach we will find you a tenant...fast!

We provide a tenant find only service for landlords. For many landlords it’s preferable to advertise a property to let through Woolley & Parks estate agents because of our extensive marketing through our local offices and on the internet. We also provide a tenant based registration system allowing us to contact tenants within hours of your property appearing on the rental market and through our use of social media.

We always accompany tenants on a viewing so we can get a feel for what sort of tenants they’d make, as well as provide accurate, timely feedback to you afterwards.

Our service includes.

  • Rental Assessment and free market appraisal
  • Marketing of property via Rightmove, Zoopla, WooleyParks.co.uk and local press publications
  • Social media marketing, blogs and news posts
  • Accompanied Viewing Service
  • Tenant referencing Services
  • Preparation of Tenancy Agreement
  • Collection of First Month’s Rent and setting up direct debit
  • Management of the Deposit
  • Continued support for 5 working days after tenant move in date
  • In depth photographic inventory (at additional cost)
  • Starting Fees to landlords of just £300 (Plus VAT)

Things to consider

General condition

A thorough inspection of the property is recommended to ensure that the structure, roof, plumbing and wiring etc is in good order. Where necessary, all works of repair should be completed before the start of the tenancy, subject to any terms to the contrary in the tenancy agreement, mutually agreed by all parties.


If you have a mortgage on the property you will need to inform your lender that it is your intention to let the property. This is important as failure to obtain consent from your mortgage company can result in being in breach of your mortgage agreement.


If you are letting the property with appliances, these should be checked and serviced and it is recommended that wherever possible maintenance contracts for the period of the tenancy are in place. It is essential that operating manuals for all the appliances be provided for the use of the tenant, and you should provide details of any maintenance contracts to the tenant and ourselves, so that the appropriate contractors can be called out if necessary. If an appliance is under warranty, please give a copy of the details to the tenant and us. You should ensure that the central heating system and any gas appliances are serviced and checked by a registered plumber and should be covered under the Landlords Gas Safety Certificate.


It is essential that you provide sufficient copies of keys for the tenants’ use, and a full set of keys for us to keep securely in the office retaining a full set of keys for yourself. Remember to include keys for internal doors, patio doors, window locks, cupboard doors, shed and garage keys, gas/electricity meter cupboards. Please clearly mark all keys.

Tenant Information

Please provide details of the utility providers, the day the refuse & recycling is collected, where the stopcock is located, instruction manuals for gas and electrical appliances, and if you have any maintenance contracts regarding servicing of boilers, drains/water maintenance.


If your property has a gas appliance, then it is incumbent upon you as the owner to ensure that the pipe work, the installation and every appliance complies with the Gas Safety Regulations. This check must be carried out before any letting and thereafter at least every 12 months by a ‘Gas-Safe-registered’ engineer. You must keep a record of all safety inspections and the certificate must be available to the tenant and a copy to us as agent, for our file.

Breach by you or the managing agent of these regulations is a criminal offence and penalties for non-compliance could mean a fine of up to £20,000. Liability for an incident could bring charges for manslaughter and in severe cases imprisonment.

PLEASE NOTE If we have not received evidence of your Gas Safety Certificate at least a week prior to new tenants taking occupation of a property, or when a certificate becomes due for renewal, we will instruct one of our own Gas-Safe-registered contractors to carry out an inspection and deduct the charge from your rental income

If you have a gas central heating system, then we recommend that you implement a service maintenance contract with a provider before the start of the tenancy. The contract should be maintained throughout the entire term of the tenancy.


Since April 6th 2007 all deposits taken by landlords for assured short hold tenancies on properties in England and Wales must be registered with a government approved tenancy deposit scheme.

The tenancy deposit schemes have dispute resolution procedures that can only consider the facts. Without a detailed inventory and condition report it is likely to be difficult if not almost impossible for a landlord to win a dispute over the right to obtain deposit monies back to pay for damage, cleaning or theft. We can assist Landlords in ensuring they are registered with a suitable scheme.

Electrical Appliances

Although at present it is not law-enforceable, we recommend that you have an electrical inspection carried out by a qualified electrician to ensure the property is safe for your tenants. However, if there are portable appliances with recommend an annual PAT (Portable Appliance Test) is carried out and the relevant certification should be forwarded to us as agents.

Whilst the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 are explicit and unambiguous in requiring landlords to ensure the safe operation of gas services under their control, the legislation specific to electrical services is more complex. To summarise, a duty of care is imposed on landlords to ensure that all electrical equipment and systems supplied by them are safe for use by their tenants, including:

  • Electrical equipment – any appliance supplied by you for use by the tenant, typically powered via a flex and a plug and of any age (including new).
  • Electrical system – all fixed wiring on the premises, including the dwelling and any associated gardens and outbuildings, the fuse board and all final circuits (lighting, sockets etc.).

Failure to meet this duty of care can result in you being sued in Civil Law and, as a result, being faced with punitive damages. Additionally, failure to comply with the Electrical Regulations may constitute a criminal offence under the Consumer Protection Act 1987, which carries a penalty of a fine and/or imprisonment upon summary conviction.

We would strongly advise our landlords to check their insurance policies as most of the major underwriters have indicated that they expect the properties that they insure to be compliant with all applicable regulations. An insurer may reduce, delay or even refuse to pay on a claim for damage if an electrical appliance or system that has not been tested has led or contributed to the damage.

The only way to fully discharge your legal responsibilities is to:

  • Test electrical equipment annually
  • Inspect electrical systems annually (and on change of occupancy), and have a report every five years.
  • We can arrange electrical tests on behalf of all our landlords at an additional cost if required.


Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are needed whenever a property is:

  • built
  • sold
  • rented

You must order anEPCfor potential buyers and tenants before you market your property to sell or rent.

An EPC contains:

  • information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs
  • recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money
  • We can organise an EPC test on behalf of all our landlords at an additional cost if required.

An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years.

Why not CONTACT US now to discuss your property investments and arrange a meeting.

Latest News

Show Home Open Weekend

Show Home Open Weekend

Read more

Property to Sell?

Property to Sell?

As MULTI AWARD WINNING ESTATE AGENTS We know what it takes to get your home sold at the best possible price; as quickly and as efficiently as possible. If you're serious about moving in 2018 then you should be selling with Woolley & Parks Get in touch below:

Plot 11, Woldgate Pastures, Kilham
Kilham, Driffield YO25 4SG
Plot 8, Woldgate Pastures, Kilham
Kilham, Driffield YO25 4SG
Plot 9, Woldgate Pastures, Kilham
Kilham, Driffield YO25 4SG